What information is collected through our Services and Websites?
We collect information from your browsers and devices when you (or others using your browser or device) view, visit or use advertisements, websites or apps that use our Services. We also collect information from third parties, such as our customers and partners, which include marketing partners, publishers, and service providers, related to their use and support of our Services.
- Information from your browsers and devices. We collect information when your browser or device visits or interacts with advertisements, websites or apps that are using our Services. Information we collect includes, among other things, device type, operating system, unique identifiers, IP address, location, browser type and language, and header information such as URLs and date/time stamps.
- Information about interactions with our Services. We collect information when your browser or device uses or interacts with our Services, or with the ads, websites, apps or services of parties that use our Services. This includes information about:
- the advertisements served to your browser or device, such as the ad shown and why that ad was shown, and the date and time of delivery;
- performance of advertisements on your browser or device, such as interactions with ads and visits to the websites, apps or services advertised; and
- other activity connected to ads served to your browser or device, such as online and offline purchases of advertised products or services.
- Information from third parties. We receive information from our customers, partners and other third parties, such as information from their records including demographic, purchase and interest information, which help determine what ads are shown on your browser or device and measure the effectiveness of ads.
- Information from related companies. We receive information about you and the browser(s) or device(s) you use from our related companies, specifically our parent company Face book and its family of companies, in accordance with their terms and policies. Learn more about these companies and their policies.
- Information provided through our Websites. We also collect information that you or others provide through our Websites or other customer interfaces.
We use all of the information we have to improve, support, and provide our advertising, measurement and reporting Services. To do so more effectively, we may use the information we have to associate the browsers and devices you use so we can provide better and more consistent experiences across browsers and devices and improve our Services. We also use the information we have for the following purposes:
- Serving and selecting ads. We use the information we have to help find and match appropriate audiences to advertiser campaigns and to customize the ads served to your browser or device. To do this we may use information we have about your activities over time and across different websites, apps, browsers, and devices. We may also decide to show an ad based on the website or app you are using, things you may be interested in, or requests from our advertising and agency customers who decide to show ads to a particular audience, sometimes using information they have. We also use the information we have to optimize ad delivery, such as by managing the frequency and order of ads shown.
- Measuring the effectiveness of campaigns and individual ads. We use the information we have to measure and understand the effectiveness of ads served across browsers and devices. This includes measuring interactions with advertisements and advertisers’ websites, apps and stores by analyzing information such as clicks or other interactions with ads, visits to websites or apps linked to from ads, and activities in advertisers’ stores.